Overview of a sole representative/representative of an Overseas Business Visa: You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
How Long you can stay:
You can come to the UK for an initial period of 3 years.
You may be able to extend your visa for another 2 years.
After you’ve been in the UK for 5 years, then you are eligible to apply for permanent settlement .i.e Indefinite Leave to Remain.
To be eligible for this visa you must:
- apply from outside the EEA
- have enough money to support yourself without help from public funds
- meet the English Requirement.
If you are willing to apply for a sole representative visa to come to the UK then:
- be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
- have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
- hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
- intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, eg a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
You may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that doesn’t employ staff or transact business.
If your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.
For more information contact us, offices in London & Cardiff